Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

After leaving Tanzania at 4pm (EST) on Thurs Dec 18, I finally made it home at 12:30am (EST) on Sat. Dec. 20. After departing Dar es Salaam, a 9 hour flight to Amsterdam, an hour or so layover there, an almost 10 hour flight to Detroit, my travel plans were delayed due to bad weather and an airport line organization system that I'm still not quite clear about. I missed my connection home due to long lines & could not get a flight out to home for two more days. Instead, I took a flight to BWI, rented a car, & drove home. This was a three hour drive after traveling & being awake for almost 48 hours. Oh well, I made it to the winter wonderland safe & sound.

I debated closing this blog, but I think I will keep it up for the time being. My PCV friends want to keep track of me & I still want to post some pictures & video of my time in TZ to give you a better picture of what life was like there. I will be able to get to a faster internet connection within the week, so I'll wait until then to post video & pictures.

As for now, I'm chillin' in PA (literally, it's 10 degrees F today), looking for a job, looking for a place to live, & visiting w/ family & friends. I have an interview on Monday & am looking at a duplex on Saturday, so I guess things are moving along. If you want to get in touch with me, my old cell phone # is reactivated & I'm using my yahoo email for the most part.

Happy Holidays