Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Yes, that's right. Due to circumstances of a personal nature, I have made the excruciatingly tough decision to terminate my service with the Peace Corps. I should be home within the week, but as of right now I'm not sure exactly when. I want to thank all of you for your letters, packages, prayers, and everything else you have done to support this endeavour. I am feeling pretty disappointed that things didn't work out better, but I know that this is just another bend in my road. My immediate plans are unclear, but I hope to rejoin the MNMS family in Sept. 09 if all goes well. If you've sent things to my Njombe address I am sorry that I won't be here to receive them, however friends of mine have been instructed to get the packages, open them, and spread the wealth. Know that your gifts are going to other deserving PCVs who will truly appreciate them! If you sent things to my Dar es Salaam address that I have yet to receive I may get them when I'm in Dar prior to my flight home. If they are things I believe would benefit current PCVs more, I'll be sure to leave them in the PCV Lounge where you will be beloved by fabulous people you've never met! If you are a teacher interested in keeping touch w/ a PCV in TZ I can suggest some wonderful people who will be happy to take my place keeping State College in touch with the world. I still want to post more pictures & video I took of my experiences here so you can get a better picture of my life here, but I will do that once returning home where it's faster!

Happy Holidays to you all.