Saturday, September 27, 2008

Quick Update

So of course last night i typed 3 blogs and saved them on my flashdrive in anticipation of coming to find internet today & my computer that I'm on has no USB drive, so I won't be using what I typed. TIA - this is Africa! Oh well. A quick update. My homestay is going well, although after living alone for so long I think I'm having a hard time adjusting to not being by myself. I look forward to the day when we get our sites and our own places - but that's 2 months away. My Mama & Baba are both teachers at the school where i learn swahili & have 2 daughters, 14 & 10. I can't post personal details, but you can ask me in snail mail or email what you want to know. Time moves slowly here as it takes forever to do most things - get from one place to another, cook dinner, take a bath (have to get water & heat it first), etc. etc. It's a hard adjustment to make. The bugs are not too bad & have seen no critters around other than a gecko. He eats the mosquitos, though, so he is welcome. I have electricity but no running water. I got a phone today & so if you want the # email me. I don't know when I'll get back to you, but someday! We have school six days a week form 8-5 everyday. It's exhausting especially because the d--- roosters keep me up most of the night. They are retched creatures & I hate them! The food is good, but I do miss the variety of home. Wearing skirts isn't too bad bec. it's cooler than what the guys have to wear, but I still will not wear them at home. Ok, My time is running out. No time to proof read. Send snail mail & padded envelope packages under 4 pounds when you can!