Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Staging

Before heading off into the great unknown, Peace Corps has all members of a volunteer group meet in the United States for a staging event (i.e. orientation). I received my staging packet this week. I'll be registering for staging on Sun. Sept. 14, 2008 between 2 & 3 pm. Staging for our group will take place in Philadelphia. I'm glad our staging is in Philly as it's a city with which I'm pretty familiar and having staging there will give me the chance to say good-bye to family who lives there & friends who live in the area. According to our staging schedule, it looks like I'll be doing a lot of "get to know you" activities with the rest of the education group as well as some sessions focused on getting us ready for arrival in Tanzania. We'll also be given our first round of vaccinations before taking off for the first leg of our trip from JFK the evening of the 16th.