Saturday, November 22, 2008

All I Want For Christmas...

Ok, so is it bad to ask for gifts for Christmas? Oh well, I'm not really asking for gifts, but if you feel in the gift giving mood, there are some things I'd love to have.... you might want to wait for my new address to send things!! Here's some items I could use at my new place:

1. Lipton noodle packets - any flavors
2. Mac & Cheese (remove noodles from box, place in ziploc bag w/ cheese packet & cut out directions - fits better in padded envelope this way)
3. Granola Bars (Quaker Chewy are my fav.!)
4. CDs (I need new music!! Mama Mia soundtrack, Jack Johnson stuff (or is it John Jackson?), or better yet, burn me a CD of your favorite music!!)
5. DVDs - the same 8 movies for 2 years??? Ahh - need new movies!
6. Scrub bottoms for sleeping in - size L
7. T-shirts - any kind - am sick of the 4 shirts I've been wearing for 2 months! Size L\
8. Long sleeved tees for cold Njombe weather (NO collars!) size L
9. Wall maps - USA, Tanzania, and/or World maps
10. Seed packets (hidden in other things in the package) for lettuce, spinach, asparagus, etc.
11. Seasoning packets like ranch, taco seasoning, etc.
12. Books - DUH, that's a given!!
13. Any other fun stuff you might want to send!! (P.S. Chocolate seems to make it here fine!)

I cannot stress enough the importance of trying to get items into padded envelopes instead of boxes. Priority boxes seem to make it ok, but all boxes are more subject to customs and/or not making it through at all. I've yet to hear of a padded envelope that hasn't made it through in a timely manner! PLEASE try to send padded envelopes - they seem to be making it here better than letters have been! Happy Holiday season to you all. Eat some turkey for me!!